TRAVEL & FIELD WORK SAFETY
UBC is committed to supporting the safety and wellbeing of members of the UBC community who travel as part of their work, research and/or education. The Travel & Field Safety program applies to university-related activities that occur off of UBC campus locations whether it be for a field trip, field research or business trip. It is designed to provide the guidance, tools and resources to University trip planners to meet regulatory requirements and to support the safety of UBC community members who are traveling and / or performing field work. This program does not apply to student practicums and related support functions by university faculty.
Field Safety Planning
- Review content at Travel | UBC Finance for the purposes of learning about your destination and planning your travel
- If Field Work is included in your travel, complete your Field Work Safety Plan (templates below)
- Prior to submission, you can request a review of your Field Work Safety Plan by contacting:
- Submit your plans for approval
Field Safety Planning Templates and Checklists
The Following templates and checklist will assist supervisors who wish to develop or enhance the field work safety plans. Please review the following and use according to your field work activity.
- Domestic Field Work Safety Plan Template: Use of this template will assist supervisors in developing a field work safety plan that will support safe work and will meet health and safety regulatory requirements for trips that involve Domestic Field Work.
- International Field Work Safety Plan Template: Use of this template will assist supervisors in developing a field work safety plan that will support safe work and will meet health and safety regulatory requirements for trips that involve International Field Work.
- UBC Field Safety Plan Addendum: Researchers can use this to alter and/or add to their Field Work Safety Plan